National Free Photography Contest 2023: Health of Youth, Wealth of Nation
- Start Date: June 1, 2023
- Last Date: June 15, 2023, 23:45 PM IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs)
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India, in partnership with PMNCH, is organizing a co-branded event on June 20, 2023. This competition aims to focus on the health and well-being of adolescents and young people with the theme "Health of Youth; Wealth of Nation."
In collaboration with MyGov, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is pleased to announce an online photography contest. This competition is designed to engage adolescents and youth aged between 10-24 years and encourage them to creatively express their ideas on four thematic areas:
- Mental Health: Addressing mental health issues among adolescents and youth
- Good Nutrition: Promoting healthy eating habits and nutrition
- Prevention of Injuries and Violence: Spreading awareness about preventing injuries and violence
- Awareness on Reproductive and Sexual Health: Encouraging knowledge and awareness on reproductive and sexual health
- Participation is open to adolescents and youth aged between 10-24 years, residing in India.
- Photos should convey a message related to one of the four topics mentioned above and must not include selfies or groupies.
- Images should be of good quality, in JPEG format, and no larger than 2MB.
- A 1-line description in Hindi or English must accompany each image submitted. Use Times New Roman font, size 12, for the description. Images without a proper description or not adhering to the specified font style will be disqualified.
- Photos should not contain borders, logos, copyright marks, or any other visible references.
- Basic editing, such as color enhancement, filters, and cropping, is acceptable as long as it does not compromise the authenticity and genuineness of the photo.
- Advanced editing techniques used to create illusions, deceptions, or manipulations, including adding or removing significant elements, are prohibited.
- Photos portraying inappropriate, offensive, or illegal content, including nudity, violence, human rights or environmental violations, or anything contrary to Indian law, religious, cultural, and moral traditions, will be immediately discarded.
- The best five entries will receive surprise gifts.
- All participants will receive an e-certificate.
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, in collaboration with PMNCH, will review the best entries from all states/union territories through a National Committee constituted by the Adolescent Health Division. Join this competition to showcase your creative instincts and contribute to the well-being of youth and the nation.