Eligibility and Submission in this Online Essay Competition 2023
- Eligibility: Open to individuals aged 12 to 19 worldwide.
- Prior Winners: Those awarded in previous years are not eligible to apply.
- Global Participation: Students from all corners of the world are encouraged to apply.
Submission Guidelines in this International Essay Competition 2023
Respond to the prompt:
“In the era of decolonizing global health, do high-income countries (HIC) have an obligation to advance child health in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC)?”
- Language Options: Essays accepted in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, or Spanish.
- Word Limit: Submit an essay of up to 1,000 words.
- Formatting: Use double spacing and Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Artistic Elements: Optionally include a short video (1 min or less), poem, song (1 min or less), or visual art piece to enhance your submission's message.
- Originality: Your submission should express your unique ideas and experiences.
- Co-authorship: Allowed, but only one submission per individual or group.
Review and Results in this Online Essay Contest 2023
Essays will be reviewed as they're submitted. Winners will be announced by Friday, Sept. 8, 2023, based on the excellence of their responses to the prompt.
Interview and Showcase in this International Essay Contest 2023
Selected winners will have the opportunity for a recorded interview with CHOP Global Health Center staff. These interviews will be featured at the 15th Annual CHOP Pediatric Global Health Conference (Friday, Sept. 29 – Saturday, Sept. 30th, 2023).
Cash Prizes and Access in this Upcoming Essay Competition 2023
Winners will be awarded cash prizes: First Prize - $150, Second Prize - $125, Third Prize - $75 (in US dollars). Additionally, winners will receive complimentary access to portions of the 15th Annual CHOP Pediatric Global Health Conference that will be live-streamed and/or recorded.