General Conditions in this National Letter Writing Competition 2023
- The National Letter Writing Competition 2023 runs from August 1st to October 31st, with no submissions accepted after the deadline.
- Participants must write on the theme "Digital India for New India."
- Entries can be in English, Hindi, or any Vernacular language, addressed to the Chief Postmaster General of their respective Circle.
- Competition categories include Up to 18 years (Inland Letter Card and Envelope) and Above 18 years (Inland Letter Card and Envelope).
- Allowed stationery includes embossed envelopes or envelopes with stamps affixed for plain A-4 size paper letters, and Inland Letter Cards (ILC).
- Word limits are 1000 words for A-4 paper letters and 500 words for ILC, and all entries must be handwritten.
Eligibility in this Letter Writing Competition 2023
- Open to all citizens of India with no age restrictions.
- Participants can choose their respective category based on their age.
- Age certification is required on the letter, verifying the age as of 01/01/2023.
- Winning entries will have their age and other ID certificates verified by the respective circle.
Selection Procedure in this National Writing Competition 2023
- Each Circle will shortlist the top 3 entries in each category and award prizes at the Circle level.
- The best 3 entries from each category (12 in total) selected at the Circle level will be sent to the Directorate for further evaluation at the National Level.
Prizes in the Dhar Akhar Letter Writing Competition 2023
Circle Level Category:
- First Prize (4 Nos.): Rs. 25,000/-
- Second Prize (4 Nos.): Rs. 10,000/-
- Third Prize (4 Nos.): Rs. 5,000/-
National Level Category:
- First Prize (4 Nos.): Rs. 50,000/-
- Second Prize (4 Nos.): Rs. 25,000/-
- Third Prize (4 Nos.): Rs. 10,000/-
For More Information about this Letter Writing Competition
Contact the Sr. Superintendent/Superintendent of the Postal Divisions. Details of these officers can be found here under the list of CPIOs.