Monthly International Essay Contest: Complete Guidelines
Monomousumi is an ISO-certified and highly acclaimed non-commercial Edu-tech Platform that provides support to students, writers, and school administrations. It was officially launched in May 2018 with the aim of making extracurricular activities related to writing accessible through technology-driven solutions.
About the International Essay Contest
The Monthly International Essay Contest is designed to identify talented writers and promote the art of essay writing. It encourages participants to showcase their writing skills, creativity, research abilities, and organizational talents. The contest aims to enrich society by empowering individuals to think constructively and contribute to overall societal growth.
- The essay contest is open to writers of all age groups from across the country.
- Participation is free of charge, and no registration is required.
- The contest takes place every month, with a new topic announced for each month.
- Participants are required to submit their essays online through a designated submission link.
- The deadline for essay submission is the 25th of each month.
- The announcement of winners is made in the first week of the following month.
Essay Theme for the Month of May 2023
Theme: "My Favorite Travel Destination"
Participants can choose their own essay title within the given theme, such as "10 Best Destinations of Japan/USA/India/China," "7 Best Pilgrimage Sites Worldwide," "Best Medical Tourism Places," or "Best Beaches." The essay should be more than 800 words in length.
Writing Style and Guidelines
- Participants should write in their own language and avoid copying from the internet.
- The essay should be presented convincingly and should not appear as a generic article based on readily available internet data.
- All essays will be judged based on logic, literature survey, writing style, innovation, structure, and more.
- Participants should conduct thorough research before writing their essays to enhance their knowledge on the topic.
- Copied essays will be rejected during the screening process, and no certificates will be issued for plagiarized work.
Judgment Criteria and Result Announcement
- Essays will be judged based on logical reasoning, literature survey, creativity, writing style, and overall quality.
- Result announcements will be made in the first week of the following month through a designated link.
- Winners will be categorized based on the marks given by the judges.
- Selected essays will be published on the website, along with the participants' names, photos, and bios.
Prizes and Rewards
- Essays will be grouped as First, Second, Third, Editor's Choice, Outstanding, Praiseworthy, Worthy, and Noteworthy, based on the judges' evaluations.
- Selected essays will be published on the website, and participants will be notified via email.
- Physical prizes such as trophies, medals, "Italy Travel Box," and 101 Robotic kits will be awarded to winners.
- Other eligible participants will receive prizes in the form of gift coupons or ebooks.
- All eligible participants will receive a "Certificate of Participation" as a token of appreciation.
- International winners will be awarded e-medals, and physical medals/trophies can be dispatched upon request with delivery charges borne by the winner.
- Selected articles will be included in the digital magazine "Weavers" and upcoming books.
- After the successful publication of 16 or more essays/poems/stories on the website, a dedicated digital book will be published for participants free of cost.
- Participants whose articles are published on the website will have the opportunity to win additional prizes based on popularity among readers/viewers.
- Interested sponsors are welcome to contact the organizers to provide physical prizes, cash prizes, gift coupons, or other items to be awarded to the winners.
Contact and Communication
All communication regarding the contest is conducted through email. Participants should email their queries to email@example.com. Responses will be provided by the team members as soon as possible.
- Participants can write their essays in English, Hindi, or Bengali.
- The contest has two categories: Junior (below 14 years old) and Senior (above 14 years old).
- There is no upper age limit for the Senior Category.
- Proof of age is required for participants in the Junior Category.
- The essay should be a minimum of 750 words for the Senior Category and 500 words for the Junior Category.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and essays should be original and free of copied content.
- Participants should provide their name, age, city, phone number, email, and optional photo at the beginning of their entry.
- Participants can submit one essay per month.
- Handwritten essays are accepted via email for participants without access to a computer or laptop.
- Selected essays will be published on the website without prior permission.
- The results of the contest are considered final, and no queries related to the result will be entertained.
By following these guidelines, participants can showcase their writing skills, gain knowledge on various topics, and have the opportunity to win prizes and recognition.