International Youth Online Photography Contest 2023: Capture the Beauty of Millets
About the Photography Contest
The International Youth Photography Contest 2023, organized by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN), presents an exciting opportunity for young individuals (students, amateurs, professionals) worldwide to showcase their photography skills. This prestigious competition for teens, students, etc invites talented students to capture captivating images of millets, promoting sustainable development and healthy eating.
- Open to youth aged 16 to 30 from any country
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three photos for consideration
Prizes for this Photography Competition
The contest offers two distinct prizes:
- A photo selected by the committee will be prominently featured on the cover of SDSN's millet cookbook, providing global recognition for the photographer's work.
- The 'People's Choice Award' will be granted to the photo with the highest number of likes, gaining recognition from the enthusiastic audience.
The winners will be announced in September 2023 through the official Twitter and Instagram accounts of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
How to Submit
To participate in the photography contest, follow these simple steps:
- Submit your photos on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #IYM2023 and #MyMillet.
- Remember to tag @UNSDSN in your submission.
- Include a caption with essential details, such as the location (e.g., Bangalore, India) and the name of the millets (e.g., finger millets).
- The deadline for submissions for this contest is August 31, 2023.
Timeline for this Online Contest
The contest begins on June 1 and runs through August 31, 2023, giving participants ample time to capture stunning images of millets and submit their entries.
A diverse and knowledgeable selection committee will evaluate the entries based on storytelling, creativity, and composition. The committee comprises the following esteemed members:
- Chubamenla Jamir (Mountain Agriculture Center, India)
- Lauren Barredo (SDSN, USA)
- Brighton Kaoma (SDSN Youth, Zambia)
- Grady Walker (University of Reading, UK)
- Inbal Abergil (Pace University, USA)
Don't miss this incredible opportunity for students to participate in an international photography competition that aligns with the United Nations' sustainable development goals by taking pictures of millets, and posting them online encouraging healthy eating habits. Showcase your photography talent and make a difference in the world!