Biogenesis: International Biomedicine Olympiad
Biogenesis is a prestigious International Biomedicine Olympiad targeting school students worldwide. It is an online and free competition that offers an exceptional opportunity to challenge yourself and showcase your knowledge in various areas of biomedicine. With thousands of entries from 67 countries in its previous edition, Biogenesis is a globally recognized platform.
Who Can Participate?
Biogenesis welcomes students from pre-school to senior school. 9th to 12th-grade students are eligible for the Standard Category, while individuals from any educational level can join the Open Category. The competition encourages participation from high school students worldwide.
- Participants can choose to compete in up to three different exams:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
Registration for Biogenesis can be done individually or through teachers/schools. There are two options:
- Individuals can register by clicking the "compete" button and filling out the registration form, selecting their preferred language (English, Portuguese, or Spanish) and the exams they wish to take.
- Teachers or schools can register their students by sending a spreadsheet with the names, emails, and school grades of interested students to firstname.lastname@example.org. A template can be provided upon request.
- First Phase: October 8th - October 14th
- Second Phase: November 5th - November 11th
- Access information for the exams will be sent to participants' emails prior to the competition.
Biogenesis offers three independent areas for participants to choose from, enhancing their chances of earning titles:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
Students can opt to participate in one or multiple areas based on their interests and expertise.