IAEA-FAO Seeds in Space Competition
Participate in the IAEA-FAO Seeds in Space Competition and showcase the impact of cosmic radiation and space conditions on crop improvement for global food security. Help tell the story of how nuclear science is addressing climate change and the potential benefits of space science.
- Submissions: Submit traditional or digital comic book drawings depicting the journey of seeds in space.
- Journey Steps: Choose from six steps, including seed preparation, space travel, space exposure, splashdown, analysis and growth, and the anticipated results.
- Eligibility: Open to students aged 14 to 18.
- Submission Deadline: Sunday, 16 April 2023, 23:59 (CEST).
- Winning Design: The IAEA will create a comic book based on the winning design, with the winner's name featured on the cover.
- Recognition: Selected finalists will receive IAEA branded gifts, an award certificate, and have their designs published on the IAEA website.
- Relevance to Nuclear Science: Evaluate how closely the drawing relates to nuclear science.
- Originality and Creativity: Assess the unique representation of the Seeds in Space theme and selected step(s).
- Artistic Composition: Consider the quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- Free Entry: Participation in the competition is free.
- Digital Submissions: Accepting digital artwork in various mediums, including photos of drawings and digitally rendered art.
- Submission Format: Images should be high resolution (300 DPI or higher).
- Submission Process: Email drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed and signed entry form.
Results and Announcement:
- Winners Announcement: Winners will be announced on 23 April 2023, World Book and Copyright Day.
Terms and Conditions:
By entering the competition, participants agree to the terms and conditions outlined by the IAEA-FAO Seeds in Space Competition.
Good luck with your submission! Let your artwork inspire others and contribute to the global goal of food security.