FAO UN Poster Contest for Students: Promoting Access to Healthy and Affordable Food
If you’re a School or College Student aged between 5 and 19, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations welcomes your participation in the United Nations World Food Day Poster Contest for Students. This Prestigious Art Contest for Children aims to raise awareness and inspire young minds to create posters & art that depict a world where no one is left behind and where everyone has access to healthy and affordable food. By participating, you have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to the global cause of promoting food security and sustainability by making posters for World Food Day.
Children’s Activity Books
Engage with two captivating activity books specifically designed for youth to encourage their active role in building a sustainable world. "Water is life, water is food" explores the significance of this precious natural resource in relation to food production and the environment. It addresses pressing global challenges such as a growing population, climate change, and the need to protect water supplies, emphasizing the importance of sustainable farming and the overall food system. This book serves as an ideal learning exercise to prepare young minds for the upcoming Poster Contest.
In the enchanting book "Climate action. Maria's story," embark on an inspiring adventure to a coastal fishing community. Join Maria, the young protagonist, as she discovers practical ways to make a positive impact on our changing climate. This engaging story not only captures the imagination of children aged 5 and above but also provides valuable insights into climate change mitigation and the importance of individual actions.
How to Participate in this Poster Making Competition for Kids?
- Participation in the FAO UN Poster Contest for School & College Students is completely free of charge, offering a unique opportunity for students across different age groups to win prizes, participate, and make a postive impact on the World.
- The entry period for the contest begins at 12:00 (CEST) on 1 June 2023 and extends until 12:00 (CEST) on 3 November 2023, allowing ample time for students to showcase their creativity and talent.
- The competition is thoughtfully divided into four distinct age categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19. This ensures a fair assessment of posters based on age-appropriate creativity and skill.
- To maintain fairness and equal Opportunities for Students, participants are required to submit only one entry. Multiple submissions from the same person will lead to disqualification.
- The Poster Making Contest provides flexibility in terms of artistic mediums. Participants are encouraged to explore various techniques, including drawing, painting, sketching, and digital art. However, please note that photographs are not permitted.
- If you choose to include text in your poster, ensure that it does not exceed 25 words or 100 characters. Additionally, avoid including personal information, such as names, school names, or age, to maintain anonymity during the evaluation process.
- All artwork by Students must be original and should not include any logos or photographic images of the contestant or personal information. This ensures a level playing field and focuses solely on artistic expression.
- Prior to creating your poster, it is highly recommended to familiarize yourself with the World Food Day theme by exploring the World Food Day Activity Book. Younger participants/Students may find it helpful to engage in this learning experience together with a parent or teacher.
- When you are ready to submit your masterpiece, please ensure that it is saved as a JPEG file. The online submission form provided must be used to upload your design. Remember, physical posters will not be accepted; all submissions must be made digitally.
- Younger participants may require adult assistance during the online submission process. Parents, teachers, or guardians are encouraged to provide necessary support to facilitate the smooth submission of entries.
Prizes for Students
- As part of the evaluation process, a panel of judges will shortlist 15 posters in each age category, resulting in a total of 60 posters that will receive certificates in December 2023. This recognition acknowledges the talent and effort invested by the young participants.
- From the shortlisted posters, the jury will further select three winning designs in each age category. These exceptional artworks will be recognized for their outstanding creativity, relevance to the theme, and impactful visual representation.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be proudly showcased on the World Food Day website, offering global visibility and recognition for the talented young artists.
- FAO by United Nations, as a promoter of the contest, will extend its support to the winners by promoting their achievements on various FAO social media platforms and through FAO offices worldwide. This exposure not only celebrates the winners but also inspires others to engage in similar initiatives.
- To honor their exceptional achievements, the winners & participants will receive a Certificate of Recognition, commemorating their valuable contribution to the cause of promoting access to healthy and affordable food. Additionally, they will be awarded a surprise gift bag as a token of appreciation.
- In the event that a winner is deemed ineligible or refuses the prize, FAO reserves the right to award the prize to another deserving entry, ensuring fairness and equal opportunities for all participants.
- To respect privacy, only the first initial, full family name, and country of origin will be disclosed when the winning posters are published. This measure safeguards the personal information of the participants and maintains their anonymity if desired.
Don't miss this incredible art & poster making opportunity for Students to showcase their artistic skills, express their ideas, and contribute to the global cause of promoting access to healthy and affordable food for all. Participate in this exciting poster making competition and become a catalyst for change. The deadline for submitting your entries is 3 November 2023. Start creating and let your imagination soar!