Goodmesh Concours 2023: Full Moon
About the Competition
Goodmesh Concours is the first multidisciplinary art competition of its kind, inviting participants to combine music with another art form for a creatively rich exploration of performance art.
The competition focuses on the theme of Full Moon, offering artists a chance to tap into its symbolism, mystery, and inspiration.
- Eligibility: The competition is open to artists from various disciplines, including musicians collaborating with non-musical art forms such as visual art, dance, theater, and more.
- Age Requirement: Participants must be 18 years or older, or minors can participate with representation from a legal guardian.
- Collaboration: Artists are required to collaborate with a non-music art form.
- Music Genres: All music genres are eligible, and participants can enter as soloists or as part of a chamber music ensemble of up to six members.
- 1st Prize: €5,000 cash prize, international press exposure, live performance opportunities, professional photoshoot, and video recording.
- 2nd Prize: €3,000 cash prize, international press exposure, live performance opportunities, professional photoshoot, and video recording.
- Audience Award: €1,000 cash prize, international press exposure, professional photoshoot, and video recording.
- First Round Application Deadline: September 17, 2023
- Semi-Finalists Announcement: October 1, 2023
- Semi-Finalists Video Submission Deadline: October 28, 2023
- Finalists Announcement: November 1, 2023
- Live Finale 'Full Moon': November 27, 2023
The competition is judged by a panel of distinguished professionals in the arts, including:
- Anna Sitnikova - Founding director of Moon Gallery Foundation (MGF)
- Jacques Goodijn - Founder of Goodmesh and Head of Jury
- Farnoosh Farnia - Artistic director Fringe Festival, co-founder of Mezrab Storytelling School, and programmer at Oerol Festival
- Ine Poppe - Writer, teacher, journalist, and artist
- Yoram Ish-Hurwitz - Artistic Director Oranjewoud Festival and programmer at SPOT Groningen
To participate in the Goodmesh Concours, artists must submit an online application form and a 2-3 minute video presentation of their "Full Moon" performance. An application fee of €100 per entry is required.
- Participants must hold a degree in their artistic field or have prior experience in creating multidisciplinary performances.
- Goodmesh reserves the right to pre-select contestants to be presented to the jury if the performance doesn't meet the desired level.
For detailed terms and conditions, as well as additional information about the competition, please visit the official Goodmesh Concours website.