2023 PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival
Deadline: 30 June 2023
About the Festival
The 2023 PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM). The festival provides a platform for young filmmakers worldwide to showcase their videos addressing global challenges related to human mobility, cultural diversity, and inclusion.
- Open call for videos from young filmmakers worldwide
- Submit your unique view on migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia
- 15th edition of the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival
- Thousands of short films submitted from over a hundred countries since 2009
- Selected videos screened at prestigious festivals, United Nations events, and global distribution platforms
- Over two million views online
Awards and Recognitions
An International Jury will select one short video as PLURAL+ International Jury Distinction Recipients in each of the following age categories: up to 12, 13 to 17, and 18 to 25 years old.
Special Recognitions will be awarded in the following categories:
- Special Recognition for Combating Xenophobia and Discrimination
- Special Recognition for Sport for One Humanity
- Special Recognition for Migrants' Contributions to Societies
Celebration and Recognition
The six recipients of the International Jury Distinctions and Special Recognitions will be invited to attend the 2023 PLURAL+ Ceremony in New York during the last quarter of the year. Additionally, aspiring young media-makers will receive recognition through the festival's network of partners.
The deadline to submit videos for the 15th edition of PLURAL+ is Friday, 30 June, at 11:59 EDT (New York time).